Veterinary Ireland is the representative organisation for veterinary practitioners in Ireland. Membership is open to all Veterinary Practitioners whose names are entered in the Register of Veterinary Practitioners for Ireland held by the Veterinary Council of Ireland. Membership runs from 1st January to 31st December each year and members are invited to join a primary Interest Group of their choosing. Additional Interest Groups can be added to membership on payment of a supplement.
To become a member of Veterinary Ireland please download the membership form here or contact HQ directly on 01 4577976 and speak to one of our membership team.
Advantages of Membership
- A free 12 month subscription to the Veterinary Ireland Journal (12 issues) worth €240.
- Regular information updates through VetView Newsletters, Vet Alert e-mails and VetENEWS
- Free Financial Advice through Veterinary Ireland Financial Services Limited
- Comprehensive Services in all areas of Retirement Planning, Savings, Investment and Protection Products for all of your Professional and Personal needs
- Access to members only section of the Veterinary Ireland Website
- Substantial savings on Continuing Veterinary Education (CVE) events organised by Veterinary Ireland and other bodies
- Representation, Support and Guidance on TVI Employment and ERAD
- Employment Law advice for all members, employees and employers alike, including employment rights, contracts, staffing manuals, Health and Safety - Veterinary Ireland is affiliated to both ICTU and the SFA, and Veterinary Ireland HQ has staff experienced handling Employment Rights queries.
- Business advice for practices – Veterinary Ireland is an affiliate to the SFA and has staff with qualifications in business management
- THE OPPORTUNITY to make YOUR voice heard on key issues affecting YOUR PROFESSION
Basic Membership for 2016 is €480 with retired members joining for as little as €120. There is a preferential rate for recent graduates of €240 and veterinary students pay only €35 per year.
For those Members undertaking work for the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine (DAFM), such as TVI work or ERAD work, there is an additional 1% levy deducted automatically by DAFM, to reflect the extra work undertaken by Veterinary Ireland on behalf of such members. All amounts paid are added to the Veterinary Ireland Membership subscription up to a total cap of €790 for 2016. For example, having paid basic membership of €480 (12 month membership), a member will pay an additional €310 from TVI/ERAD work and any payments received over this amount will be reimbursed in the following year.