During the COVID-19 Global Emergency, Veterinary Ireland will provide updates and advice to members through regular VetALERT emails, as well as posts to this site.
VetALERT 31/20 – Companion Animal Practice and COVID-19 – Update 29th June 2020
- COVID-19 Update- Message from Conor Geraghty, Veterinary Ireland President 29th June 2020
- Example Practice Sign – Practice COVID-19 Protocol 29th June 2020
Living with COVID-19 - Companion Animal Practice 2020-2021
Media Release from Veterinary Ireland 23rd March 2020
Veterinary Ireland Protocols to protect continuity of service, staff and clients in light of COVID-19 Emergency
FECAVA Poster - COVID-19 Advice for Vets
FECAVA Poster - COVID-19 Advice for Pet Owners
OIE/WVA - Joint Statement on Essential Veterinary Services
COVID-19 - HSE Posters - Symptoms, Risk, Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing etc
COVID-19 VetALERT Updates
COVID-19 Website for updates, health & travel advice, welfare benefits, etc.
COVID-19 Website for health advice, posters, etc.
Health Protection Surveillance Centre - COVID-19 Website for health advice, etc.
Federation of Veterinarians of Europe COVID-19 Website
World Health Organisation COVID-19 Website
Covid-19 - Ireland
Ireland is now operating a DELAY STRATEGY.
The current advice from the HSE is that if you have a fever and/or a cough that you should stay at home, regardless of your travel or contact history.
If you have returned from an area that is subject to travel restrictions due to COVID-19 (check www.dfa.ie) you should restrict your movement for 14 days.
All Citizens are advised to:
- Reduce social interactions
- Keep a distance of 2m between you and other people
- Do not shake hands or make close contact where possible
- Wash your hands well and often to avoid contamination
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing and discard used tissue
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hand
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surface